Translate

Followers

Friday, May 9, 2008

Watching the golf channel...



Thursday, May 8, 2008


* watching the golf channel...







They delivered our new HD TV today and although watching television has never been one of my favorite past-times, I have to admit, the High Definition sure does look good. So good that when my hubby came home, I was watching the Golf Channel (and neither of us plays golf). But the greens were so-oo vibrant. Then I discovered Animal Planet and Meercat Manor looked terrific!







You have to realize (and I know this really dates me), but I do remember our first black and white TV (I was 7 or 8). Boy, technology has come a long way! Even the commercials look good in high depth - which is great because I think instead of the usual 1 or 2, most channels now have 4 or 5 commercials during a 'commercial break'. These are my downfall. I stayed awake through 'Gray's Anatomy' and almost made it through 'Lost'... but then they lost me during one of the last long commercial breaks. By the time I woke up on the sofa, it was close to midnight.










BTW, the picture at the top is an old one of a chicken pot pie that I made a while back. It was from Jan Karon's cookbook (you know, the Jan Karon who writes The Midford Series?). Anyway, it was very good... but took forever to make. It starts out with you making your own chicken broth and ends with you making your own pie crust topping. Took me all friggin day. Yes, it was very good... but not often do I have all day to cook. So I took a picture to remind me of it and haven't made it again since.









Well, the weekend is almost here again. And it's Mother's Day Weekend! So Happy Mother's Day to all of you out there! May you have a quiet safe relaxing weekend! And as always, thanks for reading.












Rian



No comments: