Translate

Followers

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Home-made mayo





Tuesday, May 6, 2008




* home-made mayo...






Not an extraordinary feat (making home-made mayonaise), but one I'm looking forward to. I have a friend who is going to teach me this small thing. Since I don't care for mayo (or at least I don't care for Hellman's or Kraft's... I used to like Blue Plate when I was younger and living in New Orleans), my friend said that I might like the home-made variety. So I thought we'd give it a try sometime this week.








And I apologize for not writing at all yesterday. It was Cinco de Mayo, but that really didn't stop me. I just got busy with other things... and took a short nap. But it really is important to write daily, so I will try to do better.








BTW, we ate the cajun red beans and rice that hubby made last night. They were great. He puts in lots of onion, garlic, green pepper, bacon, sausage, and ham. In N.O. you can get pickled meat to put in your beans, but that's not available around here. The other concession we make here in Texas is we use brown rice instead of white. Hubby is pre-diabetic and the brown rice is supposed to be better for you. We like both, so it's fine.








On another topic - I'm not too computer savy - I can work on one fine, but when it comes down to knowing the technical goings on, well - I' don't. So there's a question I have that I'm sure is not too complicated. In fact, it may be so simple as to be embarrassing not to know how it works, but what is a RSS feed? I know that it enables people to read your site without actually going there??? Should I do this and is there any danger (security risk?) involved? It seems that if you want to read and write daily journals, then this is the way to go???







Well, that's it for today. If you can give me any advice as to the RSS feed, I'd appreciate it. Hope you had a great day and thanks again for reading.




-Rian









No comments: