Translate

Followers

Thursday, May 15, 2008

A Good Day



Thursday, May 15, 2008



* a good day...






Today was a good day. I worked in the morning at the bookstore, met a friend for lunch, visited a 'seasoning' shop, and then walked in the park in the late afternoon. It was cool and green and we sat for a bit on an old bench and had some fresh black coffee (which I bring in a thermos). We don't walk far. My friend has a back brace and uses a cane. We used to walk for hours, but she can't do this anymore. However, we still enjoy the outing. I bring my camera and sometimes we see wildlife. We've come across snakes, rabbits, lizards, birds, ducks, hawks, squirrels, and once a bobcat.






Later I pan fried some thin cut pork chops, and seasoned some whole wheat pasta with onion/garlic/sweet basil, added some fresh cooked broccoli and drizzled it all with a home-made wine and cheese sauce. Fast, healthy, and pretty tastey.





Update on books I'm reading:


Just finished an advanced copy of "Final Theory" - it's due out in June I believe. Good story, similar to Divinci Code in many ways. Definitely kept me reading.


Also finished an Evanovich mystery ("Plum something?"). It was enjoyable also. You have to read a few of Evanowich's books before you get hooked. She's... different. But her characters can really make me laugh.


And I'm almost through with "The Last Lecture". It's also a good read. Short, to the point, and makes you think.







I guess that's it for tonight. My computer is really beginning to give me problems so it's possible that I won't be back on for a bit. It was so-oo slow last night that I gave up on trying to get on. Tonight it's a little better.



So, have a good one! Take care, and thanks for reading.



Rian

























No comments: