Translate

Followers

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day 2008







Sunday, May 11, 2008



*strange mother's day...






This Mother's Day seems strange... it's my first Mother's Day without Mama.





Hubby asked me what I wanted to do for Mother's Day and I didn't have any problem answering, "Nothing". Didn't want to go out, didn't want flowers or chocolate, just wanted a quiet weekend where I could 'putter'. And that's pretty much what I've done. Yesterday we did our usual errands, cleaned up, put things away, played with the cats, and did some reading. And I actually fell asleep in the afternoon for a bit. It was nice.






This morning we slept late (till almost 7am). Now I'm drinking my coffee and catching up on my journal writing and reading. So far, so good. I may make some raspberry scones later... BTW, the homemade mayonnaise we made last week was really good, and simple to do. I like it because it's 'fresh' and you can make a small amount as needed.




The picture on top is one of me taken about a year ago - cropped out of a larger photo. There aren't many pics of me since I'm the official photographer in our family - and this is great by me - would much rather be the one behind the camera then in front.






This entry may be short, but must get on with my 'puttering'. Hope you all have a great day and thanks for reading.






Rian




(If anyone wonders about the space between the paragraphs, I'm having a little trouble with that... either they're non-existant or too large ???)














































































No comments: