Translate

Followers

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Never enough time...




Thursday, April 24, 2008
*Never enough time...


OK. Let's face it. There are some things some of us just aren't good at - and apparently time management is definitely not my forte. Since I got off work at noon, I've had lunch, gone with an elderly friend to pick up a handicapped device, washed clothes, paid a few bills, talked to a few people on the phone, gave the cats their afternoon snack, and basically wasted a bit of time. It's only 3:30 now, but there's still so much to be done... (I'd like to screw it all - excuse my french - and go take a nap). But I'd better not, at least not yet. I will probably run to the cleaners first.



It's Friday morning already and I didn't get back to this. Fell asleep on the sofa trying to wait for the new episode of "Lost" to come on. Did wake up long enough to see it... but won't comment. It's a strange story and unless you follow it closely (and even then), it's not easy... too many loose ends and backflashes and futureflashes? But there's just enough to keep you trying to make some sense of it.



Now I'm home from work and trying to put my proverbial ducks in a row. I did want to finish this as there may not be time this weekend - in which case I will continue journaling on Monday.



The older I get, the more blasse' (sp?) I get about life. Whether it's senior moments or as I've heard the younger generation call it a brain fart (a little coarse?), I've developed the philosophy of "Knew it, blew it,... screw it". Someone said that I should put it on a T-shirt. Since I may never publish (especially since I never send anything off), this T-shirt deal could be something lucrative to fall back on in my golden years. Who knows?



I haven't had time to call homestead and check on moving my web site. If you've ever called a web provider for help, you know how lo-ong that can take. So-oo that will probably have to be put on hold until next week. In the meantime this blogspot will do nicely.
The picture at the top is Ghost when she was only about 2 months old. She is the sweetest little thing, playful, and loving... but it's obvious that there's more wrong than just her kidneys. It's hard to explain, but she is kind of... not non-responsive, but slow to respond to stimuli. Her facial expressions don't change much, and she never makes a sound except if her water bowl is empty. But the other cats have accepted her and she certainly has found a place in our home and in our hearts.
Again, thanks for reading and have a good weekend!
Rian








No comments: