Translate

Followers

Thursday, December 20, 2012

"we need a bigger rug..."



"we do need a bigger rug..."


As the days grow colder (and to be honest, it hasn't been that cold), the cats tend to huddle by the Aga... except for Molly who only comes into the kitchen when she wants cream. Other than that, you can find her either in her own bed or on the sofa curled up on an afghan.

But the others... well, you can see where they spend a lot of their time. Actually, it's partly because I'm in the kitchen baking so much these days. They tend to gather where we are. If I'm cooking, they like to be underfoot (ever try to cook or bake leaning over 5 cats to get to the hob?). If we're in the den watching TV, they're there.  If we're in the bedroom, they're there. I guess we are a chummy bunch.

Here's a picture I just took of Molly today 'by the Aga'.  But she isn't interested in sleeping there, just guilting me into giving her cream. 







2 comments:

Ms Sparrow said...

I love the photo of the kitty bunch sharing the rug. Fortunately, only one of my three cats hangs around the kitchen when I'm cooking but he's a real noodge. When I'm at the stove, he lays down right behind me and I have almost stepped on him many times. It scares me to think I might do that some day. You have a lovely bunch of cuddlely cats.

Rian said...

Thanks Ms Sparrow... my biggest worry is accidently dripping something hot on them while I'm cooking.