Translate

Followers

Sunday, November 4, 2012

the easy life...


 
spoiled cats

Just came across this photo while browsing through my old photos. I need to find a good photo editing program... not too expensive... preferably free.  But I'm a little leery of free sites, thinking free means  viruses.  Guess I subscribe to the old adage, 'if it's too good to be true, it probably is'.

So my plan tonight since there's nothing on TV at our house but football, is to surf the web for a good photo editing program or watch some pottery videos.  If any of you out there can recommend anything, I'm open to suggestions.  From some of the blogs I visit, I take it that you either subscribe to a photo program, own one, or one came with your computer.  I used to have several on my old desktop, but this one (which is also getting old - past the 5 yr date) doesn't have anything but a photo gallery (still have windows vista).

I was going to download the freeware,  'Photoscape', but when I started the download, my security system said "Don't!".... so I stopped. Don't know if it was being overly vigilant, or there was really a danger.  So-oo I'm still looking.

Also - I must have inadvertently done something to my blogger site tools or Internet tools as blogger will no longer let me change the font on my blogs????





4 comments:

Angie said...

Firstly ..I use Picasa ...Jay set it up and says it cost us nothing.I find it fine for general cropping, messing around with finishes, lightening and brightening and making collages ....probably too basic for some ...but its free.

As for blogger and fonts ...its just not the same ...some times its ok and other times nothing seems to work. Good Luck xx

Ms Sparrow said...

When you find a good site for photos, please let me know. I need to get cracking with all my pictures too!

You mentioned an interest in pottery. I follow Linda Starr's Blog and she posts regularly about the things she's working on. You might enjoy reading her at bluestarrgallery.blogspot.com

Rian said...

Angie, thanks for the info. I will check out Picasa.

And Ms Sparrow, I did go visit Linda's blog and joined. Anyone who likes 'pottery and cats' is definitely worth a read.

Linda Starr said...

I have Microsoft Digital editing which is user friendly. I used to have photoshop but found it more difficult to use. I did pay for them since I am like you about downloading free stuff. I like your photo it looks so peaceful to look at.