Translate

Followers

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Peanut Butter Cookies







It's Sunday morning and I (for whatever reason) woke up very early.  So the cats and I watched "Pie in the Sky" for a few episodes before returning back to bed.  Then the urge to make Peanut Butter cookies struck me.  I think I recently got the recipe from one of the cooking blogs online. They looked very good, so I decided to give them a try.




My picture isn't great, but the cookies were good.  However, the recipe called for 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter, and I think next time I'll use a whole cup.  I do like them peanut buttery.

Recipe:
1 stick unsalted butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 lg egg (beaten)
1/2 - 1 cup creamy peanut butter
2 cups All Purpose Flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt

Cream together butter, sugars, and vanilla
Stir in egg, blend in peanut butter
Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt

Form round balls (walnut size)
Press down with fork tines
Bake 10  mins at 350
Let cool (cookies will firm as they cool)

And since I also love dark chocolate, I did stick some broken pieces of El REY 73.5 % APAMATE into a few of the cookies...  (I get these at Central Market)
um...mmm, good!!

Tomorrow I want to talk some more about chocolate... and coffee. Do any of you out there own a Keurig?


No comments: