Translate

Followers

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Godiva salted dark chocolate...

DH and I were shopping recently and for whatever reason, this store didn't have our Lindt's dark chocolate with sea salt.  We pick this up every Saturday and eat a small piece of it every night after supper.  Anyway, we had to make do with Godiva's salted dark chocolate. It was good... but also more expensive. We have tried several other brand names, but always seem to return to Lindt's.  Good chocolate, like good coffee, is important to us.

If you read my other blog, "Older but better...?", you know that I just had a birthday this week. And since I had to get my TDL renewed (and a new photo taken), it's official... I'm OLD (new photo has white hair).  I think the date could have sneaked by unobtrusively if it wasn't for that photo. Now every time I look at it... I think, "Wow, that's me?"  Funny how when we're on the inside of our skin, we don't notice the outside so much (at least I hadn't).  Always felt there were more important things to think about.  Guess I still do... but may have to consider (heaven forbid!) coloring my hair... I look so washed out...

Now, back to important stuff.  My original web site (years and years ago) was titled, "Coffee, Tea, and me..."    It disappeared into cyberspace one day.  Never could retrieve it.   I've lost other sites through the years, sometimes finding them again, sometimes not.  Decided that it wasn't important.  What was important was for me to keep writing.  So I have.

Occasionally I'll back off the writing, and do more reading, or back off the reading, and do more sketching... or pottery, or whatever.  It's not that I think any of my stories will ever amount to anything, nor any of my other endeavors, but there's magic in the process of creating.  Hard to explain.  But some of you may understand. There are times when words flow, or the hand sculpts... and it takes on a life of its own (and the world disappears, time passes without notice, the world is as it should be). Sound weird? Maybe.

2 comments:

Olga said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I know just what you mean about our perseption of self. Mirrors I can usually fool myself, but somebody hands me a recent photo and I wonder where they got a picture of my mother.

Rian said...

I know, Olga. When I saw my DL photo, my first words were... "I look like my brother" (really need to start wearing more make-up... never cared for it much tho)