Translate

Followers

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Termite meets turtle...


We have a very small feral kitten that lives with his mom in our back yard. We call her "skinny mama" as she is very thin... although she eats well. She is also an excellent mama and takes very good care of this kitten... who is also very small for his/her age. We think he or she is about 8 weeks.

Anyway, I was washing dishes at the sink and happened to look out the window. Termite (tiny kitten) was sneaking up on a good sized box turtle that was eating from the cat food bowls. I immediately grabbed my camera and shot a few pics.








As you can see, Termite was hiding in the grass as the turtle approached. However, in the last 2 shots, he heard my camera and turned to look...




5 comments:

Fuzzy Tales said...

That's so cute. Termite is adorable, with those big ears. :-) Wonder what he thought of the turtle!

Rian said...

He was definitely interested in the turtle. Of course he was interested in the young raccoon that was playing with his circle toy too... and the blue jays... and the squirrels! And I know, his ears look huge... but partly because he's such a termite.

Linda Kay said...

So funny to be stalking the turtle, until you showed up with your camera!

Dee said...

Dear Rian, I live with three cats--Ellie (brindled), Maggie (long-haired calico), Matthew (tiger). They are my family and they help keep me grounded. I must get up each day to feed them. And I must relinquish my book-reading so that they can knead the sweatshirt over my chest. They call me to the present moment. For that and for their very being, I am grateful.

The moments of your photographs capture for me the essence of feline. Peace.

Rian said...

Thanks, Dee. Glad to see you back blogging.Missed you. Termite is still hanging in there. He is still very small. Had to laugh when you mentioned relinquishing your reading... I have to do that a lot too!