Translate

Followers

Sunday, June 8, 2014

a long overdue update...

Shiney's kittens June 2014



It's a shame that I don't blog here about the critters more often.  Seems like I've gotten so used to posting everything on my "Older but Better" site, that I've come to neglect the others. Well, there are more pictures of kittens on that site, so if you'd like to see them, just click over.

When I originally switched from writing on my website to blogging, I planned to separate things a bit better. "Older but Better" was going to contain writings more directly connected to retirement... in general and specifically. "Cats, Coffee, and Chocolate" would contain writings about our cats and other outside critters, as well as my two vices, coffee and dark chocolate. And then "Simple Things" would just be favorite photos that I wanted to share. 

But I guess life doesn't like being divided up into neat cubicles.  It all runs together and this is seems to be what has happened here. Well, it can't be helped. But I will update you a bit on these kittens. The mama took them off for a jaunt today.  They have spent most of the day playing underneath DH's truck that is parked in the driveway (behind a closed gate). We don't use the truck a lot... only when both of us have commitments at the same time (which doesn't happen too often). Actually the truck has been gone for most of the last 6 months.  One or the other of our sons had borrowed it when their own cars were giving them trouble. It only came home to roast last week. 

OK, that's my contribution to this blog for today. I've got a Chicken Broccoli quiche in the oven that's about ready to come out. So I'll bid you folks good day!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Black kitten looks so cute. It is frightened of your camera i think!

Linda Starr said...

sweet kitty

Linda Kay said...

Hi, Rian....notice you mentioned Fredericksburg, so am curious if you live in my home town! My first visit to your site, and I love your pretty kitten. I'll be back.

Rian said...

Linda, no we don't live in Fredericksburg... but love the area! Love to visit and shop there when visiting my daughter in Bulverde. I especially love *The Pie Shop* !

MunirGhiasuddin said...

Those kittens are adorable.
Chicken and Broccoli quiche sounds yummy.